In order to distinguish high quality essential oils from others, we need to consider a few aspects:
- Registered name: “100% natural, pure, whole essential oil”;
- The botanic name from of the plant from which the oil is derived (in latin);
- The production method. In the majority of cases, it will be steam current distillation;
- The geographical origin of the product;
- The culture method (is it a cultivated or wild plant, is it organic);
- The distilled botanic portion (i.e. inflorescence, leaves…).
Bibliography: Dr Leonardo Paoluzzi, Phytos Olea, Morphema Editrice, 2013